Wednesday 22 July 2009

Spellbound

On Saturday night I ventured to the cinema with my parents to see the latest installment of the Harry Potter franchise. We got there for 10 to 6 even though the film never started till half past. As always my parents once again argued over the parking leaving a begrudged die-hard potter fan raring to go in the back seat. It turned out that leaving so early was a very wise choice as the cinema was almost full and nearly every seat was taken. Regardless we manged to scupper 3 prime seats on the aisle near the back just as the cinema screen was filling. We sat through half an hours worth of fussing parents and dimming lights before they rolled the opening credits, well the adverts, once again another half an hours worth as they always do. Finally the feature presentation began only for several young dickheads to walk into the screen f**ing and blinding, great! That's what I love about cinemas in city centre's. Guess where they came and sat, 5 perfectly placed seats, right infront of yours truly, almost like God's face had came through the screen and he deliberately gave me the middle finger. The film started and so did the shuffling back and forth, god I hate that. I seriously don't understand how someone has to sit in so many postions during the course of 2 hours, it is utterly ridiculous.

But once I saw some absolutely stunning CGI I have to say my mind was transported into the film and the directors job was done. A lot of the book had been left out but as is the same with all books that get film treatment. A few minor hiccups left me disrupted from it for example more swearing from the lads next to me and some girl next to me swinging on her chair but I took it on the chin and said cunts will be cunts (pardon for my language but I really hate those inconsiderate arseholes I really DO).

Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment