Wednesday 22 July 2009

Weetabix Chronicles

Here's an interesting one for you; My mam and dad came back from Wales today (after a weekend of living off Lager and Domino's i feel like i'm a recovering Heroin Addict) and they brought be back some presents. Some Clothes, A Book, A DVD and some Musical Instruments!I have been searching for a tin whistle for a while now and was delighted that they brought me one back, I aspire to play Irish Jig music and would love to put some music like that in the podcast, however, this was NOT the main event!They brought me back an instrument called a Jew's Harp, which I urge you to google, and watch on youtube. They are mental, you put them in your mouth and twang a small piece of metal, the amount of notes you can produce from it is extremely questionable, but it's an obscure instrument, and I thrive on them.That aside though, I have another interesting tale.

The other night i had 7 bottles of lager, which, as I'm not a regular drinker, would usually put me well on my way, however i was surprisingly sober. Here is the interesting part though; I then had a bowl of weetabix, which I forgot how nice was. After that, for some reason, I felt the full effects of the alcohol and indeed became intoxicated, Why was this? Did the alcohol in my stomach react with the wheat or the sugar that was in my cereal? Or was it a mere coincidence that i felt the effects after all that time? Or did I just not give it enough time to make me drunk? I don't know, but it certainly is making a note of, If you ever want to get drunk quickly (Don't know why you would but nevermind...) EAT WEETABIX.

Cheers

Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment