Wednesday 29 July 2009

Give us the Hunger!!!

Yes, my title is stolen from a Burger King advert, however this blog contains a serious note behind it.

The topic of this blog is in fact food, in particular; how we deal with our urges towards food.
In other words, Hunger.

Now of course hunger rules many peoples lives, obese people obviously; people who are in fact ADDICTED to food, and the worst type of foods at that.
Burgers, chips, pizza, chocolate and crisps being the obvious examples.

Some of you may have just read that and licked your lips, others may have reacted badly to it, cos it's true, some people do hate fatty foods, whether it's because they know what it does to their insides, or they don't like the look of it, or they may genuinely dislike the taste! Myself, i love binge eating everynow and then, but this is of course a personal blog, hence i want to talk about me me me again.

The last two weeks or so i've had a theory in my head; Is hunger psychological?
I thought to myself: 'It's my mind that tells me to eat, so I eat.'
But the mind tells us to do many things, just because the mind tells us to do something, doesnt mean we do it does it? So recently, i've been ignoring my hunger urges, as they are excessive, I do eat way too much, usually 2 meals (skipping breakfast as i usually get up too late) with snacking in between, then sweets and maybe another small meal on the night? That's too much, ESPECIALLY since i do next to no exercise, so yes I have cut down.

At first denying hunger urges was hard, especially on a night time, but as the days passed, they did in fact disappear, and now i am no longer tempted to snack at night, which in under two weeks, I must admit was quite easy. I have also lost a few pounds, which was also easy, so I dunno why people have so much trouble dieting, it's only food.

I have another theory, which could be practiced if tested properly:
Many people get a lot of pleasure from food, it's their vice etc etc, but theres no need for this, taste is just one of the 5 senses (or 6 if your gonna get all Bruce Willis on me) so why do we need to over endulge ourselves in food? It's totally unnecesary.
My theory is, if we manipulate our pleasure principal, to the point where the pleasure we get from food is minimal, either replacing the pleasure, with for example, the pleasure of listening to music, or watching something, or in an extreme and unrealistic case; replacing your hunger urge with your sex urge, this bears problems though, as no human, especially fat people, have 24 hour access to sex!

There are ways around that though, for example, next time you're in the supermarket, DON'T buy chocolate, crisps and the likes...
Buy either a dildo, or a blow up doll!

Jokes aside though, i saw this in the sun the other day;

This on the left, is a starbucks Iced coffee, and it contains 561 calories.
If you give a shit, that is over a quarter of your reccomended daily calorie intake.

This news came as joyous to me, as anyone who drinks iced coffee is an idiot, and anyone who drinks iced coffee from starbucks is a idiot with -4 quid in their pocket, so you deserve to be fat!

I suppose my final message is, dieting is for attention seekers, if you want to lose weight, eat less shit food, it's as simple as that?

Cheers
Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment